Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rio Bravo

there is a chance i need to go where the river is called Rio Bravo!
i am guessing there was a time that the river flowed bravely there.
What have we done?

The river behind my home, the Santa Fe River is a vein that feeds that Grande. The source of the Rio Grande is at the base of Canby Mountain Colorado.  As the river enters Mexico it becomes Río Bravo del Norte, or Río Bravo! Many must find that Bravo to cross the river, to cross the border.  And the exit is at the Gulf of Mexico near Brownsville, Texas.

The veins connect us all.

I searched for a long time on google for a clear map of where the Santa Fe river meets the Rio Grande, i find it strange that i could not find one.  I find it strange that all these years living here i have never touched the Rio Grande as it runs near Santa Fe.

This river behind my house makes me want to touch new places, in myself, in my country, in Mexico.  I want to go touch the source of my little vein up in the Santa Fe mountains, i want to touch where my river meets a larger river, i want to touch the Grande river's source and end.  And who knows where all that will lead me???

2 comments: