Thursday, September 9, 2010

Irvin Morazan

     Last night one of my video's was in a show of short videos called Drift here in Santa Fe.  This was such a thrill to have my work viewed in a public live setting rather than the internet.
     There were several pieces that really moved me, one by the artist Irvin Morazan.  The first photo below is from that video.  Going to his blog I discovered he seems to be into creating these elaborate headdresses.   I think it is Morazan’s juxtaposition of ancient sacred symbolism with the modern that so thrills me.  It reminds me of the natural garbage sculptures I find in the riverbed after a flash flood.  In the video called “El Salvador” it seems the old gods have not been lost but are transforming themselves to our new ways of worship; break dancing in the streets to the beat box god.
 To see more of his work go HERE


Just found this great video of his, and you can find more on youtube


here i'll just show you the one i saw last night:

No comments:

Post a Comment