Friday, August 20, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Home

     If you have read these posts in sequence from the beginning you know a bit about my recent past, but I will say a bit here again for those who are entering now.
    I had shared a home with my life partner for nine years.  In 2005 after fifteen years she and I separated.  I new eventually I would need to leave this house I had so many associations with.  This house became a kind of vessel to hold all my grief.  In June this year I finally emptied the house to prepare to sell it and moved into town.  For over ten years I had been living a very uncreative life.  Those last nine years with my partner in that home embody the height of my feeling dead inside.
    I find it curious that as soon as all her and my stuff, (I still had so much of her stuff in there), was cleared out; it was like I could fall in love with my home again.  I could appreciate all that home and those years had given to me and an explosion of creative impulse ensued.
    I went up to the empty house on my own and started to document my saying goodbye rituals.  These two videos are part of a whole series called Saying Goodbye to Home. 
    I would like to acknowledge and thank my life coach / feng shui/ astrologist guide.  Without her coming into my home and challenging me to get rid of my x’s stuff and all un essentials, I would probably still be living up on that hill hiding from my self, life and my purpose… THANK YOU SARAH  MITCHELL!!!!!!!!


A Ritual: Goodbye to Home from Mano Sipowicz on Vimeo.


Entering - Light from Mano Sipowicz on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment